cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] consider me inactive
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:28:41 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Cocoonistas,

Hey Bertrand, :)

> The recent lack of response to Grzegorz messages about 2.2 prompted me
> to write this clarification: although I still care for Cocoon as a
> project, and I'm still (part-time) helping people maintain some 2.1.x
> apps that I wrote in the last few years, I have completely lost track
> with 2.2.

If it helps... And if you are going to start any new project any time soon...
Consider using 2.2 in "compatibility" mode. Basically, you can set it up to work
exactly as 2.1, with the added benefits of Spring integration and so on. Here,
we are using M3 snapshot configured like this and it works out fine. I'm
planning on updating to RC1 soon... Let me know if you want to know more about
such setup.

> If 2.1.x and 2.2 were distinct projects, I'd step down for the 2.2
> one, as I'll probably not be using it in the foreseeable future, and
> my lack of knowledge about it makes it impossible for me to vote on
> technical issues, releases etc.
>
> I'm still following the dev and private lists, and will continue to do
> so for the time being.
>
> I hope this statement helps those working on 2.2 cope with the lack of
> surprised if several other committers are in the same case, lacking
> knowledge about 2.2 to actively participate, and without a real need
> for it at the moment.

Yep, I'm not up to date on new services framework myself.

Vadim