cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpServletRequest vs o.a.c.e.Request saga continues
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:04:13 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> <SNIP/>
>
> This lists could be much longer. This lists make me sick because it was
> never as much painful to develop something Cocoon-related as this GSoC
> work. I was prepared to some obstacles, world is not perfect, I knew
> that our internals are far from perfection. Now I know that they are
> fucking crazy, period.

:)

Ok, all this is definitly not optimal and it now pays back that we never
paid enough attention when the various parts were developed by different
people.

I understand your frustration and I would opt for clearing everything up
in your situation as well.

I personally have no problems with breaking the contracts for 2.2 in
some places if it makes sense. We changed already a lot of things, so
why not changing some more? The question is do we loose users just
because of this? I don't think so.

BUT, there is still no final release of 2.2 and it's not even visible
when this will happen. Such changes will create the nice and easy
argument to delay the release further. I still would prefer to release
2.2 *today* (well today is not feasible, but let's say in the next 7
days) and directly afterwards do this refactoring.

Not changing the environment abstraction is a mistake, but not releasing
is imho a much bigger one.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler