cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to register MockProcessInfoProvider?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:21:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Yes, this is an open question - we should avoid these methods if
> possible :) Now, I can guess that you don't like the answer, but to have
> general components which might be reusable outside of Cocoon we should
> stick to available interfaces where possible.

Generally speaking, I'm not happy with our own interfaces either so have no problem with getting
rid of them where it's possible.

> Now, the request has a getParametersMap(), perhaps we could "somehow"
> use this for cocoon.request.parameters? It would be great if we could
> just use the servlet interfaces whereever possible. This makes a
> transition later on much easier.

What about wrapping these few classes by dynamic proxies that would implement lacking methods?
These wrapping would happen in
CocoonObjectModelProvider[1], would be narrowed to the Object Model only and could be quite
transparent to the rest.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-expression-language/cocoon-expression-language-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/objectmodel/provider/CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java

--