cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to register MockProcessInfoProvider?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:55:08 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> What about getParameters() sort of methods that enable you to have
> expressions like cocoon.request.parameters.param1 ?
>
> Since ProcessInfoProvider returns implementation of HttpServletRequest
> there is no access to these methods. Any idea on this?

Yes, this is an open question - we should avoid these methods if
possible :) Now, I can guess that you don't like the answer, but to have
general components which might be reusable outside of Cocoon we should
stick to available interfaces where possible.

Now, the request has a getParametersMap(), perhaps we could "somehow"
use this for cocoon.request.parameters? It would be great if we could
just use the servlet interfaces whereever possible. This makes a
transition later on much easier.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler