cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to register MockProcessInfoProvider?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:54:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:

> Hmm, or the other way round - if the tests would create httpservlet
> classes first, perhaps the current cocoon environment wrappers could
> just be used to wrap them.

Hmmm, something worth trying. Do you think that changing o.a.c.environment.* classes (like
MockRequest) so they implement Servlet interfaces
and wrapping them in AbstractTestCase won't break anything?

> It's a long time ago....well, the basic idea was that, as Daniel pointed
> out in the mentioned thread, there are a lot of libraries/code out there
> which require servlet classes (req/resp/context) are required.
>
> The ProcessInfoProvider is a bean which just delivers these and does
> internally the required wrapping or unwrapping. In addition this creates
> a migration path as new stuff can be written which depends just on the
> servlet api and the bridge to the old stuff is this info provider.
>
> I totally agree that we should remove our own environment as soon as
> possible, but this would create a lot of incompatibilities (as outlined
> in one of those threads). The biggest is that req.getSession() returns a
> o.a.c.e.Session currently and with switching to the servlet api it
> becomes a httpsession.
>
> Personally I would strongly suggest to leave this stuff as it is and
> release 2.2 and see what happens.

I'm not sure if I understand you fully. Do you want to say that we should leave our environment
interfaces untouched in general but I'm free
to mess in AbstractTestCase or do you suggest to leave everything untouched?

Of course, I need something to do in order to be able to test Object Model implementation
and parts using it.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski