cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to register MockProcessInfoProvider?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:30:14 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I'll give you some background to my problem. I use ProcessInfoProvider
> for accessing environmental data because I've read[1] that it is a
> proffered way to do this in Cocoon 2.2. Now, I would like to write tests
> for Spring beans depending on ProcessInfoProvider. I thought that it
> makes sense to provide mock implementation and register it in
> AbstractTestCase, similarly to how settings is registered; see my commit
> r558983[2].
>
> I think, that it should work well and I think that it makes sense to
> register ProcessInfoProvider implementation in AbstractTestCase because
> this component provides access to environment and should be easily
> available for every test. The problem is that ProcessInfoProvider refers
> to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest and in AbstractTestCase request
> is created with type org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request.
>
> I'm puzzled what to do in such case, do you have any suggestion?
>
> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/68706
> [2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.cvs/24845

After exploring code for a while I came to conclusion that I need to implement stub implementation
of HttpServletRequest,
HttpServletResponse and ServletContext that will forward to Cocoon's corresponding classes.

Additionally, I've read /[RT] Ditching the environment abstraction/ thread[1] where Daniel
proposed to switch to standard servlet interfaces
from Cocoon's own ones. I've seen that several folks were rather reluctant[2][3] to allow
these changes. There were concerns raised[4] that
some methods in our interfaces has no counterparts in Servlet API interfaces.

Since ProcessInfoProvider operates on interfaces from Servlet API I wonder if community's
standpoint changed to date.

Carsten, it was you who introduced ProcessInfoProvider interface, could you comment?

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/59035
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/59143
[3] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/59163
[4] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/59118