cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Set depraction for client side javascripts [WAS: Re: Move from HTMLArea to Xinha]
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:35:46 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Take a look at sitemap[1] in cocoon-forms-impl; there is following
> I propose to have a a parameter we can set in the sitemap for readers
> indicating that the read resource is deprecated.
> This parameter will be read in the o.a.c..r.AbstractReader and log a
> warning in case of (is a System.out.println also needed?).
>
>   <map:match pattern="resource/external/forms/**.js">
>     <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/{1}.js"
> type="servletLinkRewriter">
>       <map:parameter name="deprecated" value="true"/>
>   </map:match>

I think this is should not go into the reader. It is not the task of the
reader to inform you about deprecated sources (going down this path
would require to add this logic to generators etc. as well).

I think a separate component is the way to go - and yes, I think this is
an ideal case for the unfamous action component :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org