cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Set depraction for client side javascripts [WAS: Re: Move from HTMLArea to Xinha]
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:17:14 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:
> I propose to have a a parameter we can set in the sitemap for readers
> indicating that the read resource is deprecated.
> This parameter will be read in the o.a.c..r.AbstractReader and log a
> warning in case of (is a System.out.println also needed?).
>
>   <map:match pattern="resource/external/forms/**.js">
>     <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/{1}.js"
> type="servletLinkRewriter">
>       <map:parameter name="deprecated" value="true"/>
>   </map:match>

Felix, I see that you are going to deprecate HTMLArea right now. Have you seen Reinhard's
response[1], especially this:?

   >> What others think about it? Do we need a vote?

   yes please so that the decision gets explicit to everybody who doesn't follow
   each mail thread in every detail.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74250

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski