cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Set depraction for client side javascripts [WAS: Re: Move from HTMLArea to Xinha]
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:12:23 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:

> I propose to have a a parameter we can set in the sitemap for readers
> indicating that the read resource is deprecated.
> This parameter will be read in the o.a.c..r.AbstractReader and log a
> warning in case of (is a System.out.println also needed?).
>
>   <map:match pattern="resource/external/forms/**.js">
>     <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/{1}.js"
> type="servletLinkRewriter">
>       <map:parameter name="deprecated" value="true"/>
>   </map:match>
>

> WDYT?

Hmm, what if deprecated resource is generated by pipeline? I wonder why we can't use an action.

Deprecation informing is orthogonal to reading deprecated resource so I think we should not
mix these things up. Also, notice that in this
specific case servletLinkRewriter reader is used, but in other it may be plain resource reader.
Does it make sense to include this
functionality in all possible readers?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski