cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move from HTMLArea to Xinha
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:23:25 GMT
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Felix Knecht (JIRA) pisze:
>>> [
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2091?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
>>> ]
>>>
>>> Felix Knecht closed COCOON-2091. --------------------------------
>>>
>>> Resolution: Fixed Fix Version/s: 2.2-dev (Current SVN)
>>>
>>> - Added xinha and needed stylesheets to cocoon-forms-impl - Added
>>> sample to cocoon-forms-sample
>>>
>>> The xinha license seems to be still the same license htmlarea used
>>> (htmlarea license). As this license has already be used and is also
>>> listed in the legal folder I don't see any problems concerning the
>>> license.
>>>
>>> Feel free to reopen if any error occur.
>>
>> I haven't tested your changes but I would like to something more
>> general.
>>
>> I wonder if you have not hurried up too much with this change. Even
>> though Xinha is an obvious replacement for HTMLArea they are _not_
>> the same projects. I think that if someone wants to switch to a new
>> project she should give others a few days for comments, raising
>> concerns etc. Of course, I think that formal vote would be overkill
>> in this case.
>>
>> It's especially valid in this case because Rice proposed to use
>> Dojo's editor as an alternative. I was going to raise the same issue
>> but wanted to do some research before so I could add some value to
>> the discussion. Unfortunately, I have not had enough time to do it.
>>
>> Felix, all in all, I'm not against this particular change and
>> speaking honestly I _am_ happy that we finally moved to Xinha but I
>> couldn't resist commenting general practise.
>
> Was htmlarea removed completly or is it just a styling option whether
> I want to use Xinha or Htmlarea?

It's just a styling option you have (xinha instead of htmlarea) and no
real replacement has be done. You can use both at the moment, it depends
on the styling option you use.
I agree, 'replacment' was definitely the wrong term. It's an addition
that you now have the choice which one you want to use.