cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:15:37 GMT
On 16.07.2007 04:58, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>> Actually I'm not very keen on any templating approach at all.
>
> I prefer a push approach as well. But this project is not about creating
> the ideal template framework.

You digress :-) I did not want to get into this discussion about the
best approach at all. I only wanted to point out that there are
different approaches to do things, where you don't have an EL available,
so where variants can't be used. That's why I'd like to see at least a
combined path/variant approach instead of a variant-only approach. OTOH
switching to a path-only approach seems also not possible since this
can't handle all use cases as you outlined with the multiple date
representations.

Joerg