cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:06:47 GMT
On 15.07.2007 00:45, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> I also wonder how you are going to use CForms without CTemplate? You
>>> must use some template mechanism to produce data representing form
>>> and its state.
>>
>> FormsTransformer? It has a template approach as well [1], but no EL at
>> all.
>
> FormsTransformer is sort of on its way out (right, Jeremy?)

It was only an example for independent usage of either CForms or
CTemplate. It is also possible to not use CForms, but just some plain
simple form. When you use a converter here you somehow need to get the
value converted back as well. With Spring I can do this, I'm not tied to
use their taglib since the converter wraps the object.

>> Actually I'm not very keen on any templating approach at all.
>
> FormsGenerator?

I'm aware of it. Again it was just an example of independent usage.

Joerg