cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: spring webflow
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:51:12 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> Cocoon's SoC made writing web applications better because of the strong
> separation of logic, content and styling. And javaflow improved it because
> it took some request/response details away. I think Wicket has achieved
> the same goal, but I think it's more productive to use than Cocoon is
> these days. Maybe Cocoon should focus on XML transformation stuff again,
> and not trying to integrate yet anohter product...

I agree with you that Cocoon should not integrate additional stuff -
there is too muc in it already. Now, I think Cocoon should do the
opposite and just provide the framework and enable you to use other
stuff. Now, this sounds a little bit like the "you can do everything but
you have to figure out yourself how", I know. But if you look at the
switch to Spring, it's the way I think it should be. We removed our own
container implementation (nearly completly if we forget about the avalon
support) and you can integrate Cocoon into Spring.
And I guess the same could be try with Spring WebFlow, so this would
mean that you don't have to care about all the current flow stuff in
Cocoon and just use what is out there.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler