cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: spring webflow
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:35:16 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> I really, really want to integrate Cocoon with Spring WebFlow as I
>> feel that that is a much more workable solution than trying to build
>> applications using flowscript or javaflow and this only really makes
>> sense with 2.2 since it is Spring based.
>
> You brought this already a couple of times.
>
> Years and years ago (when I was still working at dff) we developed a xml
> based flow engine way before what we call flow these days existed. It
> was so horrible to maintain that we dropped it. Maybe just the lack of
> tools ...or maybe just the lack of resources writing those tools ...but
> I am still afraid when ever someone pushes into a similar direction.
> There was also a talk at FOSDEM about such an approach and I only barely
> could hold back to comment during his talk ...he was so excited and
> convinced about the solution. For us just a minimal flow resulted in so
> much xml ...bah! Make sure you evaluate it's what you really want before
> you go down that road.
>
> Just my 2 cents

To be honest I'm not sure if javascript is better than xml :) Though I
don't like both of them when it comes to describing a flow, Spring
Webflow as imho to big plus points: a visual editor and it's well known
outside of Cocoon. This doesn't imply that it's really better or better
usable.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler