cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:48:28 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> Spring configurator stuff is really handy and has no Cocoon
>> dependencies so its wise to use it. Joerg, you seem to sit inside
>> Spring community, have you considered giving Carsten a present by
>> promoting his stuff? I really think it should get more attention. :-)
>
> Hmm, was the first time I had a look into it today.
Really? :)

> I can't say if this
> all is of general use. Do you think of moving this stuff or parts of it
> to Spring (that would be actually up to Carsten IMO) or just get more
> users to it?
The spring configurator is imho of general use and I built it with this
in mind as I removed most of the Cocoon specific stuff - apart from the
package names there are no dependencies to cocoon (or any other 3rd
party libs) and we used it a lot outside of Cocoon.
It provides many nice features when you work with Spring. So, yes the
genreal idea was to move it to a broader place. It would be cool to have
it "nearer to Spring", but I personally don't have the time/energy to do
this right now.
I had the hope that with a release of 2.2 there woudl be many interested
people who find the configurator handy which then leads to a larger
community around the project etc. - but, well...

So if anyone thinks that it makes sense to promote this stuff
"somewhere", let's do it :)

> For the latter it would be good to have documented what's
> there and how it is supposed to be used. The documentation at Daisy is a
> bit spare.
Hmm, I haven't looked at the docs recently, but I thought i had
documented everything which is in it. It might be that the latest
features are not documented. I'll have a look at it in the next days.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org