cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 04:51:40 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> A particular date could be presented
> both in its short form in a table and in its long form in a text. That
> is clearly a presentation issue.
>
> A specific double in a model should normally not represent both a
> percentage, a currency amount and a scientific value, what it represents
> is clearly a model issue.

This particular double, *can* potentially have multiple representations (even on
the same page). Example - 2 and 4 positions after the dot: 0.11 and 0.1111;
negative with '-' or negative in parenthesis '()': -123 and (123); with leading
0 or without: .123 and 0.123; scientific representation; etc.

So I'd say double in no way different from date.

Vadim