cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JSP integration
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 04:09:53 GMT
On 13.07.2007 16:58, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> I really have no experience with JSP and I don't know how its servlet is
> initialized and how it works. If you could explain what could be a
> possible problem I would try to answer according to my knowledge.

Me neither. My last project was the first with JSP and that's purely in
the portlet environment. So no request dispatcher or other stuff.

You can have a look at the implementation of the 2.1's JSP block and the
different JSPEngine implementations [1]. This kind of integration always
caused many different kinds of problems, some things (forward and
include) were not supported at all.

> As a side-note: If particular servlet must be managed by servlet
> container can't we create servlet (as a Spring bean) that would forward
> all requests to the JSP servlet using request dispatcher:
> http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=206736 ?

No idea. Never worked on that level.

Joerg

[1]