cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:59:55 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:

>> What about map: language we have discussed earlier?
>
> How is it related? Or does map: mean something different here than the
> default sitemap language namespace prefix?

Yes, it means something different, see:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73700
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73760

I've brought map expression language back to discussion to show that we effectively need more
than one EL.

>> Getting back to the earth, are you sure that all browsers will be
>> happy with # character in field's name?
>
> HTML spec nearly makes no restrictions for name attribute, it's declared
> as CDATA [1, 2]. [2] though mentions explicitly ID and *NAME* tokens
> which are defined quite restrictive, so that's a bit confusing.
>
> Spring MVC also generates names like object.collection[3].property
> instead of CForms object.collection.3.property. Being declared as CDATA
> I wonder what the browsers do with an = in a form field's name.
>
> Anyway we should not only have name but also id in mind [3]. Not much is
> allowed for them [4]. Except some rather obscure "combining chars" and
> "extenders" only '.', '-', '_' and ':'. So the last one might be the
> best choice.

Thanks for analysis. It seems that Daniel's proposal is even possible to implement, good to
know. :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski