cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: Clarification on converter concept
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:39:26 GMT
On 08.07.2007 06:34, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> Just to clarify: I would much have preferred if we only had one
>> expression language (EL) in Cocoon and a property style syntax like
>> the Spring one or JEXL would be fine with me.
>> This is the main motivation for the plugable EL architecture.
> What about map: language we have discussed earlier?

How is it related? Or does map: mean something different here than the
default sitemap language namespace prefix?

> Getting back to the earth, are you sure that all browsers will be happy
> with # character in field's name?

HTML spec nearly makes no restrictions for name attribute, it's declared
as CDATA [1, 2]. [2] though mentions explicitly ID and *NAME* tokens
which are defined quite restrictive, so that's a bit confusing.

Spring MVC also generates names like object.collection[3].property
instead of CForms Being declared as CDATA
I wonder what the browsers do with an = in a form field's name.

Anyway we should not only have name but also id in mind [3]. Not much is
allowed for them [4]. Except some rather obscure "combining chars" and
"extenders" only '.', '-', '_' and ':'. So the last one might be the
best choice.

View raw message