cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JSP integration
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:29:23 GMT
On 02.07.2007 20:19, Andrew Stevens wrote:

> And then inspiration hit - why not instead create a new input Source
> for JSPs?
>
> And then I started to over-think it :-)  Why only JSPs?  Why not
> servlets too?  How does this differ from the context: source type?
> Surely someone must have thought of doing this before - is there no
> similar facility already?  What about in Cocoon 2.2 - would the
> servlet/blocks framework that keeps getting discussed cater for this
> anyway? At which point I figured the best thing to do was to dump my
> thoughts to the list and see if anyone had any feedback or
> suggestions...

Hi Andrew,

your ideas sound absolutely reasonable. I appreciate every improvement
to the integration of JSP or servlets in general though I don't use it
myself (yet). In 2.1 I would really opt for a new source. I only wonder
if this is necessary at all in 2.2. I got the impression (just from
mailing list) it should be quite easy to integrate Cocoon with other
servlets but somebody with actual knowledge might add more details here.
What I for example would really like to have is a CocoonView for
Spring's ViewRendererServlet or use Cocoon as replacement for the
ViewRendererServlet.

Joerg