cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: RT: map:call as generic non-redirecting controller code
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:35:32 GMT
Ellis Pritchard wrote:

> On 10 Jul 2007, at 00:03, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>>    <map:transform ...>
>>> </map:act>
>>> where foo() is:
>>> function foo() {
>>>     var a = cocoon.parameters['operand-a'];
>>>     return {'result-a': 1, 'result-b': 'abc'};
>>> }
>>> Note that map:act has a @src attribute I haven't seen used much; I
>>> wasn't proposing to add a @function, since this would require
>>> changing the Action interface (arghh!), but I might (as well) use
>>> @src to pass the function name.
>>
>> True, attributes on map:act are not passed. But this (@function) can
>> be implemented fairly easily by changing tree builder. CallNodeBuilder
>> already does same thing - reacts on presence of @resource, @function
>> attributes.
>
> Ok, but doesn't that mean having the Flow Action effectively 'hardwired'
> by the builder, rather than just a using standard Action with a certain
> calling convention?

One does not preclude another, isn't it? Action can accept "function" parameter
and be called as usual; or be hardwired by tree processor - so regardless of
chosen integration approach, action can be the same.

> I'm not really sure why that is necessary for the
> sake of a little bit of semantics...

There is a bunch of hard wired components - <aggregator>, <notifier>,
<translator>, <gatherer>... For the sake of a little bit of semantics :)

Vadim