cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Block inheritance
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:40:54 GMT
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret pisze:
> Hi,
> How to make a block inherit from another ?

Your question should be posted to mailing list because it's about
_using_ not _developing_ Cocoon. I, also, assume
that you have in mind Cocoon 2.2.

Now to answer your question, it's a matter of setting 'super' block connection similarly as
showed in the tutorial: (Connect two blocks paragraph)

Now it's worth to mention that the inheritance does not work as supposed, yet but there is
a patch providing this functionality and I'm
going to review it very soon (I hope, today).

If you are really eager to develop with blocks' inheritance you have handle calling super
block manually for now.

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message