cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r554234 [1/2] - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-lucene/cocoon-lucene-impl/src: changes/ main/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/search/ main/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ main/java/org/apache/cocoon/samples/ main/resources/META-INF/cocoo...
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:57:23 GMT

> <snip what="real changes and formatting mishmash"/>
>
> Felix, first of all I'm grateful for your contributions and I'm feeling
> bad that I have to bring this issue again.

Just do it. I don't mind and it's part of OSS that codereviewing is done!
My problem is just doing code formatting quite automatically before
committing. I really thought I have now the right settings for Java-Code
and for XML-Code. For me it sounds logical (because of course all others
before me also kept to these formatting rules ;-) ) that it should be
possible to do it this way without trapping into this formatting stuff
again - and I really don't want to do it manually now adays.
Maybe I should just first commit my stuff without any formattings (just
the way I wrote it down) and then afterwards do another commit
formatting applied ?
I don't see any other way when I don't want to so the formatting
manually during changing the code (and manually isn't state of the art
IMO). Do you have any other idea/way of doing it?

OTH when we want to take care about this we really should think about
reformatting once the whole code with a well defined format (which can
be downloaded at the apache-cocoon site) and have templates at least for
the probably most used IDE's by cocoon developers (like Eclipse,
NetBeans, ?).

Felix