cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: CocoonCrawler in core module
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:33:24 GMT
Felix Knecht skrev:
> Dear all
>
> I'm trying to do some springification on the lucene block and I came up
> to a role 'CocoonCrawler'. The interface and the implementation of this
> is in the core module
> (cocoon/core/cocoon-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/crawler)
> but I couldn't find any other usage than in the lucene block.

Neither could I. The CLI module seem to have an own crawler.

> I just
> wonder if it needs to stay in the core or if it make sense to move it
> e.g. to the cocoon-lucene-impl block (do we need to have it deprecated
> when moving it into another block?).

If you change package for it, the old one should in principle be deprecated.

> Does anybody knows of usage somewhere else or is it a moving candidate?

Don't know, the interface looked quite generic, so it might be reusable.
OTH if it haven't been reused this far it probably doesn't matter. A
compromise would be to move the org.apache.cocoon.components.crawler to
the Lucene block, but keep its package name. When we don't need to care
about deprecation, and can factor out it to an own API module if it ever
would be needed.

Do what you think is best ;)

/Daniel