cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: RT: map:call as generic non-redirecting controller code
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:16:01 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> I would much prefer to just use the return value of the flowscript:
>>
>> myFlowAction() {
>>   return calculateSomething();
>> }
>
> I don't think this will work with FOM_Cocoon.suicide()

That was a cryptic message ;) I need some more details to see what is
the problem.

To give some context: we are not discussing any changes in how you use
flowscripts. What we discuss is adding an action that reuses the flow
infrastructure. This is for making it easier to write stateless webapps.
I'm of course aware of that you can write stateless webapps with the
flowscript of today by using sendPage. But some of us find that rather
clumsy and think a flow action would be a worthwhile improvement.

Does the problem you see still apply in the "flow action" scenario?

/Daniel