cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: RT: map:call as generic non-redirecting controller code
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:30:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> Instead, I would simply like to see map:call expanded so that the
>> target function can be a bit more generic than an Interpreter (i.e -
>> it is easier to implement things like the JSF block, which uses an
>> action or Spring webflow).
>
> What more generic than Interpreter interface you need?
Good question. Unfortunately, I haven't had a huge amount of time to see
what it would really take to invoke Spring webflow this way. However, it
certainly doesn't have continuations, so I doubt handleContinuation is
of much use. On the other hand, webflow does have event ids that need to
be passed in.

I also notice that (at least in 2.1) you have to declare

  <flow-interpreters default="javascript" logger="flow">
    <!-- FOM (Flow Object Model) -->
    <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter"
name="javascript">

<load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
      <reload-scripts>${javascript.reload-scripts}</reload-scripts>
      <check-time>${javascript.check-time}</check-time>
      <!--  <debugger>enabled</debugger> -->  <!-- JavaScript Debugger

support -->
    </component-instance>
</flow-interpreters>

in cocoon.xconf and then add

  <map:flow language="javascript">
    <map:script src="calc.js"/>
  </map:flow>

to your sitemap for this to work. webflow wouldn't have a "script".
Instead it would have a flow configuration. This could be similar enough
that it would work, but it would feel weird to have to code
language="webflow".

Ralph