cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RT: map:call as generic non-redirecting controller code
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:12:00 GMT
Ellis Pritchard pisze:
>> Do you mean that you would have flowscripts like:
>>
>> myFlowAction() {
>>   var result = calculateSomething();
>>   setReturnData(result);
>> }
>>
>> I would much prefer to just use the return value of the flowscript:
>>
>> myFlowAction() {
>>   return calculateSomething();
>> }
>
> Agreed, the former is clumsy, but easier/less disruptive to implement,
> the latter is much more natural and what I was originally aiming at.
>
> Ok, I'll look out for further feedback, but otherwise submit a patch
> using the direct return method for people to review.

Just to be sure, do you want to implement something like:
<map:match pattern="sth">
   <map:call function="prepareData"/>
   <map:generate src="..."/> <- some protocol to obtain the prepared data
   [...]
</map:match>

Such construct introduces new semantics for sitemap because data returned by <map:call>
will be available _outside_ <map:call> element. Now
it is important what is the scope where the data will be visible. Have you thought about it
already?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski