cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Module cocoon-forms-sample depends on JDBI that is not on Maven repo
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:53:42 GMT
Hi,

I created the bridge that was discussed in thread[1] and first impression is that it will
work. I have successfully run Avalon component
with database connection defined that way:

   <bean name="personnel" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
     <property name="driverClassName" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
     <property name="url" value="jdbc:hsql://localhost:9002/cocoondb"/>
   </bean>

so the result is quite encouraging. My solution is totally transparent for users and very
unobtrusive for Cocoon itself.

I tried to check it with Forms SQL samples also but I have not managed to run it because we
depend on JDBI that is not on Maven repository.
The question is: what's now? Should I contact with developer and ask him politely to upload
his work to Maven repository?

As temporary solution, can we upload it to our Maven repository and introduce dependency on
uploaded artifact? Does it demands a lot of
work? Since my primary focus in on my GSoC project I will not be able to be able to spend
much time on it.

On the other hand, if we want upcoming Cocoon release usable we really need to provide decent
and *working* database access solution.
Jeroen, you have offered your help. Would you be interested in helping with issue?

Thanks for your reading.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73925

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski