cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to update docs for 2.1?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:57:50 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski said the following on 4/7/07 10:12:

First: some idiot decided to 'service' my ADSL connection, thus cutting
me off and now three parties are haggling about who is responsible for
reconnecting me. End result: I'm on dial-up for the time being and I
won't read/answer much.

>>> Isn't 2.1 documentation also generated from Daisy? That means you
>>> have to integrate your changes there. I'd guess here:
>>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/legacydocs/654.html.

This is true.

> Thanks David and Joerg. I'm really confused, wiki page is talking most
> of the time about checking out /site from svn and updating docs there.

Right. This is ancient. Please remove that text from the wiki page.

> However, there is a statement:
>
> "Since 2.1.8, the documentation (apart from the top-level website pages
> described above) is written using Daisy at [WWW]
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/, and Daisy-generated pages are processed
> by Forrest (using forrest trunk) to generate the static pages (still in
> experimental phase)."
>
> Does this means we really use Daisy and docs from legacydocs to generate
> 2.1 documentation or not? What should I edit?

Yes we do. The old way was too time consuming and therefore a blocker
for writing docs. That's why we moved to Daisy.

> I thought that legacydocs import to Daisy was meant as a start base for
> 2.2 docs. Could you explain it little more?

Both:
- generation of 2.1 docs
- base for 2.2 docs

Hope this helps.