cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: How to define database connection in C2.2?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:27:47 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:
> Do you think its worth to write such a bridge? Avalon is dead
> ( and c22 is now spring based.
> Wouldn't it be a better solution migrate the db-stuff to spring and
> therefore force the user to migrate his own components as well? In c22 a
> lot has changed (e.g. forms). An c21 'block' will not run anyway just
> putting it into c22. Adaptions need to be done.

I don't want to support dead Avalon, I want to support Cocoon's components that still depend
on Avalon and its DataSource managment. I know
that blocks from C2.1 will not work in C2.2 but we have components in C2.2 (like SQLTransformer)
that still obtain sql connection through
DataSource interfaces. I have not done in-depth analysis but my rough guess is that _all_
samples in C2.2 that need database access still
depend on old approach.

If writing such a bridge would be quite easy I think its worth the effort to make all samples
and components working again right away.

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message