cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to define database connection in C2.2?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:21:35 GMT

> Then it would be very inconvenient to define data source both for
> Avalon components and Spring beans, I'm thinking about writing some
> bridge that would allow Avalon components use connections defined in
> Spring way.
>
> Do you have any ideas where to start while implementing such
> functionality? Generally speaking, is it possible to write such bridge?

Do you think its worth to write such a bridge? Avalon is dead
(http://avalon.apache.org/closed.html) and c22 is now spring based.
Wouldn't it be a better solution migrate the db-stuff to spring and
therefore force the user to migrate his own components as well? In c22 a
lot has changed (e.g. forms). An c21 'block' will not run anyway just
putting it into c22. Adaptions need to be done.

Felix