cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to define database connection in C2.2?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:44:02 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:01:53 +0200
>> From: Grzegorz Kossakowski <grek@tuffmail.com>
>> Subject: How to define database connection in C2.2?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's me again. Fortunately enough, it's five minutes to midnight so
>> this is going to be my last e-mail this day. ;)
>>
>> I'm wondering now how to define database connection in C2.2 so it is
>> available easily in all Cocoon components and my own Spring beans. Do
>> we have an replacement for patching cocoon.xconf that is already gone?
>
> Just go the Spring way of defining a DataSource and we probably can
> forget about the way it was with 2.1 Excalibur DataSources.

The crucial question is if components working with Excalibur DataSources will be able to use
Spring-defined DataSources? Do we have similar
bridge to the one that allows us to obtain Spring bean through Avalon's Service Manager?

(If no one knows I'll try to figure it out myself)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski