cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r552371 - trunk broken, help needed
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:08:44 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> gkossakowski@apache.org pisze:
>> Author: gkossakowski
>> Date: Sun Jul  1 16:13:44 2007
>> New Revision: 552371

>> Log:
>> COCOON-2082: Getting rid of Avalon dependencies, it includes:
>> * conversion JS, JXPath and JEXL compilers to Spring beans
>> * conversion DefaultExpressionFactory to Spring bean, it collects
>> language compilers by using bean-map from Spring configurator
>
> As you see, I'm in between of Avalon->Spring conversion process for
> expression languages. I have not moved and adjusted tests (thus build
> will fail) because I came across very obscure problem.
>
> First of all I would like you to ask to do svn up and mvn clean install
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true for trunk, run cocoon-webapp, access
> http://localhost:8888/blocks/cocoon-template-sample/view/caching2
> and check if you get following error:
> TypeError: Cannot read property "parameters" from undefined (#1)
>
> I would be grateful for any reports to be sure if it's not a JDK issue
> or so. Also, any help with sorting this out is really appreciated
> because I'm really out of ideas how to track such a weird problem.
> Details below.

I'm not sure if it is really a JDK issue. I guess that your setup got messed up
by your refactorings. After fixing the compilation error (see my commit) I was
able to run the cocoon-template-sample using the webapp produced by the rcl goal
(I checked in the configuration) of the Cocoon Maven plugin with Java 5
(1.5.0_11) without a problem.

Make sure that there are no old Java classes that haven't been deleted by SVN
(run 'svn stat' on your working copy) and then run 'mvn clean'. As a next step I
suggest that you remove all org.apache.cocoon artifacts from your local
repository and finally run 'mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true'. This should
make sure that your classpath doesn't contain any unwanted classes. HTH

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc