cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.2 - some more questions
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:09:32 GMT
xweber pisze:

>> If you follow tutorials really carefully RCL plug-in must work for you, it
>> has been tested rather thoroughly.
>>

> Yes for Block(s) the RCL is working. Seems I am still struggeling how to pu
> the parts together :-)
>
> archetype webapp is the last part in development. I thought I could use it
> as a kind of "config" holder for my other blocks (e.g. property files for
> other blocks)- which should be tied together for a plugin like structure. So
> for me it seems I am in the need to have this config-part to be a block
> archetype - because I can use the RCL feature of it for development.

What kind of configuration do have in mind? If it's an application-specific configuration
(properties) the idea to tweak them in webapp is
quite reasonable. Still I don't understand why do you want to start whole application from
webapp, you can develop particular blocks with
any properties you like to test.

If you provide more detailed description of what you really want to achieve it will be easier
to help you.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski