cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.2 - some more questions
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:26:16 GMT
xweber pisze:
> hi,
>
> actually i'm trying to get a 2.2 based thingy up and running. Based on the
> existing daisy docs there are some questions "open" for me. Current
> questions:
>
> 1.) the demo-application-context.xml file
> what about that filename - must it reflect the package name? Or must there
> only be a file ending with ..-application-context.xml. Is there only one of
> this files for all packages in that block?

You can choose filename whatever you like. The only requirement is its location, it must be
located at MEA-INF/cocoon/spring since all
Spring configuration is read from there by default.

> 2.) as in the tutorials i have two or more blocks and one webapp type
> folders. I fire up the webapp part with mvn jetty:run inside it.
> Unfortuanatly the rcl (reloading on change) stuff did not work. Is there a
> way to get it also up when started via webapp part?

No. Webapp (create from webapp archetype) is useful when you want to create a package of your
application (e.g. a WAR file that can be
dropped in Tomcat's working directory). Of course, you can use it also for starting your application
but since we have a RCL plug-in it is
not advised to use webapp for development.

If you follow tutorials really carefully RCL plug-in must work for you, it has been tested
rather thoroughly.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski