cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Versioning XML Schemas
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:46:11 GMT
Hi,

I would like to add some more documentation to cocoon-configurator-1.0.1.xsd[1] but I'm not
sure what is our policy for versioning XML
schemas. AFAIK, 1.0.1 version has not been released yet so I can modify it freely, right?
When it will be officially released? When
cocoon-spring-configurator is released?

What is more confusing we already have schema published at [2] without any mark that this
is a snapshot version that is likely to be changed.

Do we have any policy on versioning xml schemas? Shouldn't we have a cocoon-configurator-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.xsd
published and rename it just
before we release cocoon-spring-cofigurator? This way we would always know when the version
is locked down.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-spring-configurator/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/spring/configurator/schema/cocoon-configurator-1.0.1.xsd?view=markup
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/configurator/cocoon-configurator-1.0.1.xsd