cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "bloodredsaint saint" <00001...@gmail.com>
Subject XML to Excel template examples Required.
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:13:13 GMT
Hi All,

I am just beginner in cocoon. I have the following requirements:

1.    I have input XML
<Cars>
<Car>
                        <name>
                                    Ferrari
                        </name>
                        <type>
                                    Water
                        </type>
</Car>
<Car>
                        <name>
                                    Mercedes
                        </name>
                        <type>
                                    Air
                        </type>
</Car>
</Cars>

2.    I have a Excel template Which already has headers (Car Name &  Car
Type)

Task for me is to use the XML as a source generater & serilize the output
using the predefined template.

I would appreciate if you could share any working example of such type.

I visited XML.com article (http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/1096) and they have no
examples where we can take the input feed from XML and generate on a
Template. All example includes SQL and due to some freak problem, I am still
struggling to get the SQL part running.

Thanks in advance,
-Siddhu