cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From xweber <xweber.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.2 - some more questions
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:39:36 GMT

well i am thinking of a portal. So there will be a core block (to manage the
main sitemap), one or more skin blocks for final layout, some lib-blocks for
extending the core with e.g. database, mail and that kind of functionality.
And modules like blocks for features to the portal (the ones who will
provide the content). That as a generic portal (combination). Now you want
to have a concrete portal with that parts. Instead of modifying settings in
core (and database) for the concrete informations, and what modules to use
(maybe you do not want to have the module-tictactoe in your portal) all you
need to do is not to set the dependency to that module in the "webapp"
pom.xml. So that is the kind of configurations-block i had in mind.

I know there is a portal in Cocoon 2.1 and there will be one in 2.2 (at
least i think so). Maybe that approach i have in mind is a bit more spring
like to set the parts together. I dont even know if it possible.

Alex