cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: servlet: protocol cannot be used in xsl:include's href attribute in a xsl file?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:06:41 GMT
Rice Yeh <riceyeh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Can the servlet: protocol can be used in xsl:include's href attribute in a xsl
> file? I keep get MalformedURLException in URL<init> with servlet: protocol.
> I remember there is a discussion on writing URLStreamHandler for servlet:
> protocol. Is this  problem related to that discussion?

>From what I understand it's an issue of using Cocoon's source resolver in XSLT
and to which extend it's used. There was also an issue reported on the users
list about missing XML catalogue when an XML document is retrieved via
document() [1]. So even with a URLStreamHandler handling the servlet protocol on
the classloader level the XML catalogue would not be available. Can somebody
give what's actually the status on this?

Joerg

[1] http://marc.info/?t=118242413600004&r=1&w=4