cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random thoughts on object model
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:51:56 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Maybe other people have different or more positive experience of branching?

Not really :-(
Keeping trunk and branch in sync is a lot of work.

> In the end, use your judgement and do what you think is best.

I agree with this. Grek, if you think that your commits affect Cocoon trunk in a
way so that it becomes unuseable for all others then consider branching. I (we)
learned from history that an unusable trunk is a very bad thing for a community.
If you see any chance to keep trunk working, don't branch.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc