cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random thoughts on object model
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:02:49 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
> Don't remember the details. But the main steps are: The Avalon
> configuration is translated to a Spring bean configuration, the bean
> configuration is used for creating the (Avalon) bean, and the
> o.a.c.core.container.spring.avalon.AvalonBeanPostProcessor is used for
> handling the Avalon life cycle steps that not has a direct Spring
> counter part.

I see, thanks for basic information, for more (if really needed) I'll have to search the archives
or code...

>> Is it that simple to just ask ServiceManager for Spring component by
>> using bean id
>
> In general, yes.
>
>> and all functionality (like scopes) will just normally work?
>
> Maybe ;)

;)

> The current life cycle of resolvers, service managers and object models
> and their relations to sub sitemap calls, is really hard to follow. I
> think it would be better to try to put all such information in one or
> serveral call stacks, and use something like call scope for accessing
> the info.
>
> Then the object model could be a facade against the call stack. I doubt
> that it is worth the effort to try to extend the current model.

I agree with all of them. More details on implementation can be discussed only if I start
to implement something. I think I'll be able to
start hacking just now.

I wonder how to organize my work that I would be able to commit regularly and trunk will not
be broken by untested changes. Do you think
that branching a whole trunk into whiteboard is a good idea? I want to branch whole trunk
because I presume that I'll have to touch a lot of
modules during whole GSoC.

Of course I would synchronize branch and trunk as regularly as possible.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski