cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random thoughts on object model
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:44:20 GMT
Jimmy Zhang pisze:
> when people think about hiearchies, they think DOM like structure in
> which a tree is made of little objects,
> hence the "object model." but that is not always the best/most efficient
> case becasue object creation/destruction
> can be costly... and they are not inherently persistent...
> VTD-XML models tree in a different way that perserves teh hiearchical
> model using integers/offsets/lengths etc
> that is fast to generate and inherently persistent... and it is not flat...

I see. I'll abide by my previous opinion that VTD-XML looks interestingly itself but it's
design goals are different to those discussed
here. We really are not concerned about persistence or performance because these are not our
main problems.

Jimmy Zhang, it's nice that you advertise your project anyway. ;-)
Do you have any plans to provide an integration with Cocoon so it gets more potential users?
:-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski