cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random thoughts on object model
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:37:26 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> On 26.06.2007 01:41, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> I fear it will be much more difficult to convince you (and others) to
>> the idea of flat OM.
>
> The current hierarchical model ({../1}) has always been a problem. So
> apart from the backwards compatibility issue it should not be so hard to
> convince us :)
>
> As a general comment: I don't like the usage of numbers ({../1} again)
> in the expression language that much. They are not that ... expressive.
> They were probably influenced by grouping in regular expressions. But if
> there is another clever approach replacing them ...

What I really want to achieve is to divide to things:
1. How OM stores the data and how the data is accessed by ELs
2. How data is accessed by user with help of particular EL.

I really believe that this separation is really crucial and will keep things clean and focused
on their role.

If you have any good idea for EL be my guest :-)
For now I try to focus on the separation itself and establishing boundaries of responsibility
and function of both OM and EL.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski