cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: trunk broken?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:41:23 GMT
On 26.06.2007 17:01, Peter Hunsberger wrote:

>> > And what some other people here seem to ignore is the increasing cost
>> > for our community to stay behind the rest of the world.
>> >
>> > And, BTW, what is your take on our Continuum problems?
>>
>> Daniel, I don't think it makes any sense to discuss this anymore. We
>> rate the costs of losing actual users and "stay behind the rest of the
>> world" differently. Let's get 2.2 out of the door ...
>
> Joerg, I think it's a legitimate question.

Which serious one that has not been discussed extensively?

Cocoon is not the only community/project still supporting Java 1.4.
This actually answers both arguments.

In more detail:
1. I'd be glad if we were ahead of Spring - which drops 1.3 support only
in the upcoming 2.1 release. And the OSGi projects ... Equinox 1.3 (Oct
2006), Knopflerfish 1.2.2, Felix 1.4 ... I get the feeling the success
of a community/project is not determined by its minimum JDK requirement.
2. Yes, how do all the other projects do this? How for example does the
Maven community/project ensure that they are compatible with JDK 1.4?

Joerg