cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Random thoughts on object model
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:26:48 GMT
On 26.06.2007 01:41, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> I fear it will be much more difficult to convince you (and others) to
> the idea of flat OM.

The current hierarchical model ({../1}) has always been a problem. So
apart from the backwards compatibility issue it should not be so hard to
convince us :)

As a general comment: I don't like the usage of numbers ({../1} again)
in the expression language that much. They are not that ... expressive.
They were probably influenced by grouping in regular expressions. But if
there is another clever approach replacing them ...

Joerg