cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [test] Cocoon 2.2-RC1 & others (take 2)
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:33:53 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> The proposed release artifacts are available at
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/.
>
> Except for the archetypes the easiest way to test the artifacts is by
> adding a
> "cocoon-staging" profile to your ~/.m2/settings.xml:

<snip/>

> Then change the version number of the artifacts that you use in your POMs
> to the number of the proposed artifact and append "-P cocoon-staging" to
> all
> your Maven commands, e.g.
>
> mvn install -P cocoon-staging

<snip/>

>                                       - o -
>
> I also want to draw your attention to
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1370.html which
> contains
> references to 4 tutorials that help you to get started with Cocoon 2.2
> and also
> help to test the release artifacts. Again, make sure that you use the
> cocoon-staging profile for all your commands as explained above.
> Otherwise the
> referenced artifacts can't be found.

Thanks Reinhard for brining this release. I tested it briefly and everything seems to work
well. Tested functionality:
1. block archetype
2. cocoon:rcl goal, reloading works very well. I could even create new Spring beans and use
them in modified flowscript code.
Great work, really :-)
3. webapp archetype
4. Forms and Templates (using some basic application)

I would like to test database block as well but I don't find any documentation about it.
Does any one know how to configure database block to have HSQL db running, how to create tables
and add sample data (so basically, how to
run SQL statements from file) and how to integrate it with JDBI? Any tips will be appreciated.

I also wonder what is status of documentation? What work is left to be done before we can
publish new documentation?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski