cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Separate projects on JIRA - final proposal
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:14:05 GMT
Hello,

Reinhard asked[1] me to provide a final list of Cocoon modules that would get their own JIRA
projects. Here is the list of projects with
proposed JIRA identifiers in brackets:
- Cocoon Core (COCOONCORE)
   includes following artifacts:
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-api
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-util
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-api
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-api
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-components
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-resolver
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-main-sample
- Servlet service framework (SERVLETSERVICE)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-sample
- Template (TEMPLATE)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-sample
- Flowscript (FLOWSCRIPT)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl
- Database (DATABASE)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-mocks
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-server
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-client
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-impl
- Forms (FORMS)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-impl
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-sample
- M2 Plugins and archetypes (COCOONM2)
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-maven-plugin
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-spring-reloader
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block-plain
   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-webapp

The main idea is to split up current big COCOON JIRA project into smaller projects focused
on one area. Artifacts that are not listed above
would stay in COCOON project, at least for now. I don't want to create new separate projects
for every artifact/block because big number of
project in JIRA would not improve maintenance, quite contrary I would say. After taking this
first step towards separation we should just
wait and see if further divisions are needed.

Each artifact belonging to JIRA project would become its component. That means we still have
to have shared version number in JIRA's
projects (e.g. in COCOONCORE where cocoon-core is 2.0.0 and sitemap-impl is 1.0.0) but I think
its compromise between situation we have
today and a situation where we have about fifty different JIRA projects that no one wants
to force her way through.

If we agree on the proposal I would take care of labour work, like asking JIRA for projects
creation, moving issues, adjusting poms etc.,
myself during next weekend. What do you think?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski