cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <...@openbluelab.org>
Subject Re: How to import cocoon-forms-sample in a new created block architecture
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:43:00 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Christophe,
>
> Jean-Christophe Kermagoret pisze:
>> I finally succeeded in adding forms and portal blocks in my webapp,
>> but the behavior is not homogeneous.
>
> Good to hear that, what was the problem with RCL?
No more problem with RCL :-) After svn, cleaning and recompiling,
everything seems to be ok. The error about AsserBuilderError disappeared.

I tried to add context definition in servlet-service but it generated
error. I didn't see the contexts were automatically available and could
be called directly.

>> For example, when adding cocoon-forms-sample, I can access it to
>> :8888/cocoon-forms-sample. But, when adding cocoon-portal-sample, I
>> can't access it the same way (:8888/cocoon-portal-sample). I neet to
>> use a pipeline like the one in
>> cocoon-webapp/.../samples/sitemap.xmap, I mean :
>>
>>      <map:match pattern="cocoon-portal-sample/**">
>>        <map:mount uri-prefix="cocoon-portal-sample"
>> src="blockcontext:/cocoon-portal-sample/"/>
>>      </map:match>
>
> The differance between cocoon-forms-sample and cocoon-portal-sample is
> that the former has been converted to use servlet-service-fw and
> latter not. The convertion has been performed mainly by Felix so I'm
> not sure why portal has been left untouched.
> Felix, can you comment on this?
>
> Jean I think that conversion (and making portal samples up-to-date
> with recent changes to forms) should not be that hard to do. You can
> see how it was done in other blocks in commits archives. Do you think
> you would be able to do it and provide us a patch? If you want few
> more details about conversion process, see:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73204
But block portal works well. The only problem comes from the fact you
can't access it directly. I don't see for which reason this may be
related to the way forms are managed. Any ideas or pointers ?

I read the thread above and I will update portal block if necessary.

>> The other problem is related to dojo-resources param that seems to be
>> absent from the forms-field-styling.xsl. Maybe it is provided through
>> a use-request-parameters alike ? Anyway, by just adding the
>> <xsl:param name="dojo-resource" select="'resource/external/dojo/'"/>,
>> it works again.
>
> Where do you have to put it?
At the top of forms-field-styling.xsl. I will provide a patch.

>> Finally, does anybody know why this different behavior occurs ?
>
> Hope that helps a little bit.

Yes, it helps.

JC

--