cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Interblock communication
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:16:43 GMT
On 20.06.2007 09:45, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> hmmm, just wondering what the globalSession scope of Spring is good for
> then? According to the Spring documentation it solves exactly this problem.

It solves the session problem within one web application (war). We use
the global session for state management in our portal, but only have one
webapp besides the portal webapp. Using Tomcat's emptySessionPath
property it's also possible to let servlets in the same webapp access
the same session as the portlets. But there is still one independent
session per webapp.

Joerg