cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Interblock communication
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:16:22 GMT
Ralph Goers skrev:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Ralph Goers wrote:

>>> Thanks, but that doesn't help. A portal typically consists of the
>>> portal webapp and several portlet wars. The session variables have
>>> to be shared across theses various webapps. However, the portlet
>>> spec mandates that they each have their own session. Most portal
>>> vendors provide proprietary ways around this.  Also, in this
>>> environment each portlet war will have its own Spring container. The
>>> beans can't be shared without getting ClassLoader errors.
>>>
>>> These are the types of issues you want to avoid creating.
>>
>> hmmm, just wondering what the globalSession scope of Spring is good
>> for then? According to the Spring documentation it solves exactly
>> this problem.
> Unfortunately, that will only let you share the session amongst
> portlets in the same war. portlets in different wars, as well as
> servlet filters running ahead of the portal won't have access to it.
For the blocks and servlet services we don't have this problem, all the
blocks are in the same war, shares the same global Spring container and
classloader. I would rather say that the problem in general for our
framework might rather be to little isolation. Neither the less we must
of course make the framework convenient to work with. I had some
suggestions about what to do when you need to share data between servlet
services in my previous post.

/Daniel